Cracked Symphony (1st Mix) Cracked Symphony (1st Mix)

Pretty cool.

This isn't bad, but I feel that the drums would sound better minus the distortion.
It loops well. :)

timid girl timid girl

Very nice.

I'm loving this track. Sounds incredibly magical! I'm so glad you've taken the time to make it work well as a loop as well.
I'm assuming this is electronically instrumented? If so, would you mind disclosing the program you use?

(::Surfing On Color::) GWC (::Surfing On Color::) GWC

Nice

Clearly a piece made on GarageBand. The beats give it away a bit!
Anyway, I quite liked it.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Well of course, but I never use pre-set loops. The beats are the only things I used that were pre-set, but I added a lot of extra kicks and trims here and there in the beats. That took me forever to do. 0_0 Everything else I played on the mac keyboard and mastered it using the Garageband instrument editor. (You press the "I" icon and you can make the instrument sound really cool if you know what you are doing.)

If you get good at Garageband, then you can start making your own loops in a snap by playing them on the keyboard.

~I Want My Life Back~ -hania ~I Want My Life Back~ -hania

Amazing

Yet again, another fantastic song from my favourite Newgrounds artist.
My only criticism, if that, is that the voice in some parts is hard to hear over the piano. Especially at the beginning.

Beautiful.

hania responds:

Yeah - I have a shy voice ;) Did you watch the youtube clip of me recording it? So nervous.
HUGS! Thanks for the review!!
-hania
xox

BHX Takes the Stand BHX Takes the Stand

...Right.

Well that was random!
I can hear those GarageBand organ loops in there!

LordZedd responds:

nice catch...don't hold it against me, it's all in fun.

PreludetothePianist'sNightmare PreludetothePianist'sNightmare

Good

Ha, you certainly shut him down. "I don't like it, it has dissonance." He's going to have a hard time finding any songs he does like!

As a piano prelude this piece works well, despite its fairly random and incoherent sound. Maybe a more obvious theme or tune would help?
Oh and I like the name too.

I like your work man
(I just wish Newgrounds would approve mine already! It's been 4 days now!...)

Billtog responds:

Let me know when it does get approved. I'd be glad to listen to it and review it for you. :)

Pyrokinesis Pyrokinesis

Not Bad :)

I quite liked this song. Especially the introduction and the way you repeat the main part about 2/3 in.
My only criticism is that you never hold something without changing it for more than 8 beats! It gets a bit silly, because the song doesn't seem to be going anywhere. You have just changed something every 2 bars or so in a hope hope it will eventually lead on to something else. The song doesn't deviate really at all from the theme, and when it does it isn't for long enough.

If you didn't write this piece with such... i suppose a kind of fear that people will get bored if you don't change it quickly, it would be better overall. But that's just my interpretation; I'm probably completely wrong ;)
Techno songs are almost always fairly drawn out, taking ages to change things.

I like this piece the more I listen to it. (Which is a fair bit, seeing how I've had it on loop whilst writing this review)

Thumbs up from me

Billtog responds:

Thanks for the review. It's my first techno song, so I didn't really no what I was doing. I find a lot of techno here on the Audio Portal to be way too repetitive, so I tried to stay away from that, but doing so made it sound too transient. I've started working on another techno piece, and it's definitely going to have a main theme and such (you know, like songs are supposed to).

Evisceration Nation Evisceration Nation

Nothing Special

Personally, having used Garageband quite a lot myself, I don't consider just sticking a bunch of sample loops that come with the app. on to the same beat very skillful. I have no idea how this song go so high ranking.
I thought this part of Newgrounds was for composers...
As far as sticking random sample loops together however, you haven't done too badly.

Billtog responds:

When I posted this, I had no idea that Garage Band could do other stuff, I just used it for class. Now that it has so many views, I can't change it to say that it's only pre-made loops (I thought that was implied). I guess people vote high because they don't recognize the loops. I really wish I could change it. If you're interested, all my other songs were written entirely by myself, however.